FOBANA 2013 will be held at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta, Georgia from August 30th - September 1, 2013.
Please contact the host committee at the following address for any convention related information:
Duke Khan, Convener
4295 Buford Drive. Suite 2B
Buford GA 30518
Phone# 770-317-8229, 770-882-1293
Welcome to FOBANA!
Welcome to the website of Federation of Bangladeshi Associations in North America FOBANA®!
FOBANA®, is a non-profit, non-political and non-discriminatory, IRS 501c(3) tax-exempt (Tax ID 26-1747615) organization. Year of establishment 1987.
This organization of Bangladeshi Associations has been recognized as an umbrella, where Bangladeshi Americans gather to celebrate their success and introduce their vibrant culture to this multicultural country. Since its inception in 1987, FOBANA® has been working tirelessly in this land far away from our ancestral homeland to keep our indigenous culture and commence it to our next generation growing in the United States and Canada.
That is not all; FOBANA® has recently received appreciation for its work to assimilate our people with the mainstream of North American people and culture. Those of us who are working in spite of all obstacles in different communities all over the continent are getting recognition from our organization. In other words, FOBANA® is a symbol of our hope and aspiration and a unifying force for bringing our communities together and for moving it in forward direction.
FOBANA Announces subcommittee for 2012-2013
FOBANA Executive Committee on the monthly meeting on October 7, 2012 unanimously approved the names of the Standing Committee Chairmen. This year the names of the committees and their respective Chairmen are:
- Seminar Committee - Interim Chairman: Mahmud Musharraf Hussain (Washington, DC))
- Constitution and Procedure Review Committee - Chairman: Rabiul Karim Belal (Kansas)
- Media and Public Awareness Committee - Chairman: Bedarul Islam Babla (New York)
- Business and Investment Committee - Chairman: Shah Haleem (Texas)
- Cultural Committee - Chairman: Hashmat Mobin (Texas)
- Alumni Committee - Chairman: MD Mahabub Rahim (Arizona)
- Youth Forum Committee - Chairman: Atiquer Rahman (Florida)
- Membership Verification Committee - Chairman: Jashim Uddin (Georgia)
- Health and Wellness Committee - Interim Chairman - Mahmud Musharraf Hussain (Washington, DC)
- Social Networking Committee - Chairman: Afzal Ahmed (Texas)
- Dhaka Committee - Interim Chairman: Mahmud Musharraf Hussain (Washington, DC)
- Unification Committee - Chairman - Mir Chowdhury (New Jersey)
- Newsletter Committee - Interim Chairman: Mahmud Musharraf Hussain (Washington, DC)
Last Updated (Tuesday, 02 April 2013 11:50)
FOBANA launches North America Artist Database
FOBANA Promotes Bangladeshi Artists in North America
Federation of Bangladeshi Association in North America (FOBANA) is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for all Bangladeshi artists and talents living in North America.
There are numerous very talented Bangladeshi artists across North America and more young artists are joining. On the other hand, organizations are always looking for talented performers to perform in various events throughout the year. To build a bridge between these two groups, FOBANA has created a central database which is available in their newly designed website www.fobanaonline.com.
Last Updated (Wednesday, 21 November 2012 19:20)
FOBANA web site gets a facelift
FOBANA Media & Web Sub-committee led by Rehan Reza as the Chairperson, undertook a massive project in overhauling the entire web infrastructure. This includes moving the domain to a better hosting plan, choosing a new technology platform and filling up the site with relevant and useful information. The new website will be used as the central information portal for the member organizations as well the all NRBs in North America. The scope of the project is outlined in the web site infrastructure document here.
Last Updated (Monday, 05 April 2010 14:33)